Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Interviewing

First of all, I apologize for not posting during the last week. I am unsure if I have any regular readers yet, but I should have been doing a much better job of posting. I have been working on resumes, business cards and phone calls for my trip to New York. I am currently in New York, (actually - Hoboken, NJ) for a week of interviews and personal meetings.

I had my first NY interview today and it went fairly well. If there is anything I can stress to someone wanting to move to New York it is this - MAKE A TRIP. Even though I am here and planning to move here over the summer I am still having a hard time convincing people I am serious. It seems like people in New York need to know that you are committed and actually going to be here.

Make a trip and interview. Let people know you are serious. It is the first step to lining up a job in New York.

3 comments:

tara_d said...

Hello! I hope your trip is going great. Can't wait to find out how it went!!! Good luck.

Unknown said...

hey man, if you ever have any question feel free to email me (its on my site). The stuff your reading so far is kind of "inspirational" but I am not sure it is realistic. Like you know companys are not going to believe you because EVERYBODY says they are moving here. If you know anyone here you should use their address on your resume.....I am being dead serious.

Claire said...

Hey you! I sent an e-mail to your hotmail account trying to connect you to all of my NYC fellas. It's probably too late, but it never hurts to have familiar faces in a new place. Rock those interviews like only you can, and make them beg for more. See ya!