Sunday, September 2, 2007

God Spoke to me... at Yankee Stadium

It's true... I swear it. It was a religious experience. It had to be.

(OK, so let me stop, and say this -- I realize that I have posted quite a few times about the Yankees recently. I'm sorry. The last thing I want to do is change this blog into an every day rambling about my feelings for a certain team that plays in the Bronx).

However, I had the opportunity to attend another game this weekend, my second since moving here, after scoring some great seats for next to nothing. Here was the view, right behind home plate>
Turns out the Yankees didn't have it and they ended up dropping the game to Tampa Bay. Petite was shaky after the 5th and then it all fell apart. I don't see how you sweep the Sox and then choke on frickin Tampa Bay. Anyway... I digress.

To the point, my religious experience. My awakening. It happened ... in the bottom of the 6th! I was sitting in my seat, trying to cheer the Yankees into a rally and suddenly, it appeared, clear as day. Up there, in the clouds... I see something...


HEINEKEN. Hmm, GOD wants ME... to drink... HEINEKEN. Maybe this religion thing isn't so bad after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny I was at that game to. I thought I was in Hell because a beer costs $8...