Sunday, April 8, 2007

Walking in New York

These boots are made for walking ! Actually, I don't really wear boots, I am more of a casual sneaker kind of guy, but the point remains. This post is about WALKING. Something that you have to do a whole lot of when you live in New York City.

New York is a walking city, so to prepare for the move I try to walk as often as possible. I walk the 5 or 6 blocks to and from campus each day, (and sometimes more than once in a day.) I also walk to my part time job downtown, a distance of about 10 - 12 blocks each way. Finally, I try to walk anywhere else that is close enough to be reasonable.

Maybe, if I walk enough now, when it isn't entirely necessary - it won't be such a jolt when I make my move.

1 comment:

brianhelge said...

Here's a tip for NYC:

Never walk your fiancee from Times Square down to Battery Park. She'll get tired an irritated once you reach the Flatiron or Union Square.

It's a good workout, but it's not recommended.