Thursday, April 5, 2007

Yankees "getting a move on" in New York

BASEBALL IS BACK !! In a few previous posts I have briefly let on that I am indeed a die-hard fan of the New York Yankees. Even though I was raised in the midwest I have always been a fan of the Bronx Bombers. In my opinion, the Yankees should be referred to as "America's Team" not the damn Dallas Cowboys. There have been so many famous players that have donned the pinstripes that perhaps the entire organization should be elected to the Hall of Fame. I just love the history and story behind the team and its players.

The last 2 years I have been lucky enough to attend a Yankees game and it is taken my fandom to an entirely new level. It didn't hurt that both of those games were against the hated Red Sox.

Anyway, I am so glad that baseball is here again. I thought spring training would never come to an end. So far the Yankees are 1 - 0, and after a rain-out last night, Andy Pettitte will make his first start as a Yankee once again. I will try to keep my postings about the Yanks to a minimum to try and stay on topic, however, one of the most exciting parts about moving to New York will be increased access to the Yankees.

No comments: