Monday, April 2, 2007

Keep on networking!

Towards the end of last week I had 2 more opportunities to make NY connections.

1. I was told about a woman, a UNL graduate, who lived in New York and prided herself on helping students move to the city. She visited campus for a couple of meetings and had some extra time to meet. Even though I knew my time with her would be short I did my best to make the most of it. We met and discussed my plans. I made sure she understood why I wanted to go to New York and why I wanted to be a part of the advertising industry. All said, I spent about 30 minutes with her and she is sending me some resources and putting me in touch with contacts.

2. One of the contacts I made a few weeks ago gave me the name and contact information of a friend in the advertising business. After sending off a resume-laden email to the new contact I smiled, thinking to myself, "this is how it's going to happen." My network is growing and it feels really great to know that there are people out there trying to help.

2 comments:

brianhelge said...

T-Bell.

A job will show up for you before you know it. I'm glad to hear that you're heading off to the Big Apple.

I'll have to come up to visit sometime, and we'll go hit up another Yanks-Red Sox game.

Troy said...

Hey thanks bro. You know that I am always game for checking out a baseball game, especially if it is the Yanks and Sox. I will keep you posted on the move.