Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ah Harlem!

DAY TWO (Interviewing trip #2)

Caught the A train at 145th ST, rode to 14th ST and made it to my interview by 9:00. The office where my interview was held was on the 14th floor, great view of the city and perhaps the best views of skyline I have ever seen.

I basically met with a different person every half hour between 9:00 and 1:00. After that I met up with my friend John for a celebratory lunch of Mexican food. After filling my belly I parted with John and made my way back to Harlem.

Later I walked around and took in the sites and sounds of Harlem. The kids playing in the street, cars driving by with tunes carrying out the window, the old men sitting on the corner outside the bodega playing checkers and catcalling any passerby.

I saw Jackie Robinson park, little girls braiding each other's hair and boys wrestling inside an empty city pool. It was great. I really enjoy being able to see this area of the city and find the beauty in it.

We also went to the grocery store and it was the craziest thing I have ever seen. So many people - all trying to get their food and get home for dinner. Plus, as one woman in line told me: "the sale ends today!"

DAY THREE - Bring it on!

Expenses:

Breakfast $3
Lunch $15

TOTAL $18

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're falling in love with NYC -- even deeper!

Dude, you've GOT to change your profile pic if you're job hunting.
Give them hell in the interviews! Tom

Shawn said...

I agree about the profile pic. As far as pics are concerned, you should include more pics along with your posts so we can 'see' what you're experiencing. I'm a bit of a visual person.

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

yeah. pictures are good :)