Thursday, May 24, 2007

Park Benches, Ghostbusters and the Setting Sun

DAY THREE (Interviewing Trip #2)

Today was a big day for me. I started out at 145th ST again, rode the D train and arrived at Bryant Park with plenty of time before my interview. The interview began at about 11:00 and went pretty well.

After the first interview was over I had a ton of time to kill. My next meeting wasn't set up until 4:30. So I walked down 42nd St and got to a few look out points where I could see the United Nations. After that I walked north and ended up in an neighborhood called Tudor City. There were a bunch of really nice looking apartment buildings and a bunch of outdoor cafes that looked like I was too young and too broke to try and sit down in.

After that I headed back to Bryant Park and watched people in the park. I saw 2 men walk out to the middle of the park in a suit, take off their jacket, take off their shirt and tie, and then sit in the sun and try to catch a tan. When they were done, the put their suits back on and went back to work.

I visited the NY public library in Bryant Park as well. It was massive with huge rooms, great paintings and sculptures, and tons of books. My friend Julie told me that this was the place where Ghostbusters was filmed. You know, the place where they find Slimer, the little green blob guy.


By that time I had to make my way to the second interview. This interview went well also and I left feeling great about my opportunities in New York. I made my way Uptown, again on the D train and headed for 67th and Broadway to a networking event. There I hung out with about 12 other people from Nebraska and had a fabulous time drinking wine and eating cheese on a roof-top terrace. From the 25th floor we could see the building that Regis lives in, The Met, Fordham University, several Trump Buildings and the top of the building Jon Lennon was killed outside of.

I also watched the best sunset I have ever seen in New York. As the sun dipped behind the New Jersey skyline it was a shining bright red and I remember thinking ... I am really gonna like this. Day Three was a great day.

Expenses:

Italian Hero Sandwich $10
Batteries for the camera $10
Bottled water $2

Total $22

No comments: