Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Riding the bus is fun!

DAY ONE (Interviewing trip #2)

Arrive at LaGuardia Airport
My flights were uneventful enough – except that bad dream I had where I was driving a car and falling asleep - I woke up right when I thought I was about to drive off the road and I was back in the plane.

After landing decided instead of taking a cab I was going to catch the bus from LaGuardia to Harlem. I don’t have a lot of extra cash for this trip so it made sense. $4.00 for the bus or $35.00 for a cab. The M60 was packed, the M2 was late by 30-some minutes and an old woman scolded me for having my suitcase in the aisle,

I reminded myself - this is soon to be a way of life.

Expenses:

Bus fare $4
Metro Card $24
Hero Sandwich $5
McDonald’s $5
Beers $14

TOTAL $52

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Crazy. Sounds a little more crowded than your lonely commute in that big supercab pickup truck of yours.

Anonymous said...

You sure spend alot on beer Troy. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the tour thru your blog.