Saturday, May 26, 2007

Getting the offer!

DAY FOUR (Interviewing Trip #2)

Today started off the same as the last few days with a ride on the D train. I made my interview at 10:00 and afterwards found a little pizza joint around the corner and had a slice. You know you can't come to New York and not have a little bit of pie! After eating, I made my way up Madison Ave. towards Central Park, enjoying the fantastic weather. I was just about half way to the park when my phone rang and I was given some great news... I WAS BEING OFFERED A JOB!

To celebrate I completed my walk to the park and sat down in a perfect shady spot and called everyone back home. I couldn't believe that all my hard work had paid off.



Later I headed back up to 125th St - found myself some new sunglasses. One thing about New York - it seems like the thing to do is buy the most ridiculous looking glasses you can and rock em for all they're worth. So I found a pair that I was sure made me look dorky and away I went.

After changing out of my suit and cleaning up I went to a friend's apartment at 36th and Lexington for some rooftop beers and sunset watching. I have to say that this is one of the best things to do when trying to unwind in the city. To be up and away from everything is really a relief. This particular building was great - We were literally in the shadow of the Empire State building.


Here's a few more shots from the rooftop:





Nightfall - Hit the East Village, met up with some friends and had drinks to celebrate my good news.Visited a place called the Lakeside Lounge and then moved on to an Irish Pub with an outdoor beer garden. When we left I ate like a pig because I was fairly buzzed and hadn't ate all day. Then we took the bus all the way to 125th St and caught a car service back to 140th.

Collapsed at the end of a very long and exciting day.

Expenses:

Pizza slice $5
Bottled water $2
Sunglasses $5
Drinks - Lakeside Lounge $24
Beers - Irish Pub $10
Pizza slice $4

Total $50

3 comments:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

Congrats again on the job offer! I'm so excited for you!!

Shawn said...

Congrats.

Shawn said...

does this mean you'll be there by the time Julie and I come up for our trip to the big apple?