Monday, August 20, 2007

A Night with the Yankees

Tonight the Yankees take on the Anaheim Angels. The game starts late, about 9:35 Eastern, since it is being played a few hours west in California. I start listening to the game on the radio after dinner as I often do. This is partially because I don't have a TV, but also because I enjoy it. Its old baby and in my mind - you ain't a fan if you can't sit down and listen to a game on the radio. I decide that tonight I need to stay awake and listen to the game til the bloody end. This decision leads me to another thought. Although I have been a Yankees fan for many years, this is my first year with the Yankees.

Admittedly, I moved here mid-season, in June and can't really say that I have been here an entire season. However, this season has seen its share of ups and downs and as the playoff races narrows I can feel myself getting sucked in even further. It's been a whirlwind of Yankee nostalgia for me the last few months, culminating recently with the passing of Phil Rizzuto. So I must apologize in advance to anyone that was already annoyed with my zeal for the Bronx Bombers because I think it is getting worse. If the Yankees make the World Series I might start pawning possessions, to get tickets.

1 comment:

brianhelge said...

Does listening to games on XM still count as much as the old school radio?